Frequently Asked Questions
Let Us Help You Clear Up Any Questions
What measures are you taking for Covid-19?
We are understanding of the current events in which we find ourselves in, and for everyone’s safety, we are taking the following precautions:
- Washing hands regularly
- Staying home when sick
- Practicing social distancing in all homes
- Cleaning equipment after every use
- Wearing a mask while cleaning
If you would like to make any additional requests, please reach out to us directly.
What is included in a Basic Clean?
- Dusting of all common areas
- Wiping down all hard surfaces (Includes kitchen surfaces as well as bathroom sinks, stair railings, and tables, as well other common surfaces)
- Cleaning of bathroom (Includes complete tub, shower, sink, and toilet)
- Cleaning of seating areas (Includes vacuuming of pet hair and other debris)
- Minor trash removal to dumpster.
- Minor tidying up of residence (Includes picking up of objects such as toys, clothes, and other minor objects in order to do a more defined clean of general areas)
- Tidying up bed area (Includes wiping and dusting night stands and shelving. Making of bed is done on request only)
What is included in a Deep Clean?
- Detailed cleaning such as baseboards, light switches, door handles, or detailed dusting
- Any add-ons
- Everything listed under the “Dos” of a Basic Clean
- Detailed cleaning of baseboards, light switches, and detailed dusting
- Light organization in all rooms (For detailed organization, select add-on)
- An extra hour included for high-detail areas
Will the same cleaner come every time?
- Add-ons, such as detailed organization or cleaning of fridges
Upon request, we can certainly work to make this happen. Although, in understanding how life can be unpredictable at times, we may have to send a different cleaner at times.
Do you clean if someone smokes indoors?
We have a strict policy on no smoking indoors with our cleaners. We wish to offer the best experience for everyone involved, and this includes our cleaners.
How do I decide on current condition?
To better understand which to select:
What is the reason for selecting the current level of condition?
- If your home has not been professionally cleaned in the last 1 year then select "very dirty"
- If your home has been cleaned within the last 6 months then select 'pretty dirty"
- If your home has been cleaned within the last 3 months then select "slightly dirty"
We have this system in place as it helps simplify the industry by removing the whole process of being in-person or on the phone to provide quotes. Having this simply allows for a more enjoyable and smooth-lined experience for everyone!
When deciding on the level of cleanliness to choose, being honest is the best way to go. Each selection has a certain amount of time that is formulated on our end that we devote to each level. If you select the inappropriate level, we cannot promise that the clean will be completed in the time we have offered — this is why it is important to be honest. If you are not honest in your answer, you may need to create an additional booking at an additional cost.
What are some things you will not clean?
Some things we absolutely will not touch are:
- Houses infested with bed bugs
- Animal and human waste or other biohazards
- Homes heavily infested with cockroaches (In order for us to consider cleaning such homes, we must have proof that the home was recently cleaned by a professional exterminator)
- Homes heavily infested with mold
While we wish for everyone to live in a clean home, we must provide a safe working environment for our cleaners.
What services do you recommend for first-time clients?
We highly recommend a deep clean for all first-time clients because this will allow us to hit all the spots that might have been previously missed in the past, and it also allows us to devote more time to certain areas. After the initial clean, most will choose to switch to a regular clean.
Do you offer move in or move out cleanings?
At this point in time while we work to establish some ground, we will not be offering these types of services for the time being. This will certainly be something offered in the future where we will be providing updates through our website.
Do I have to be home when the cleaners arrive?
You do not need to be home and are not expected to be; however, we would love to have an initial meet for every new client and our cleaners. This will help build personable relationships with our cleaners.
Are your cleaners background-checked, and can they be trusted?
Yes, you can! We conduct a federal and statewide background check on all our cleaners to help ensure everyone’s safety. The best clean requires the best cleaners.
Will I always be charged upon booking?
Yes, when paying through the website. We have chosen this standard to help fraudulent billings. This is also to ensure your booking day and time are reserved. If you are ever unhappy with your clean, look at the “What if I’m not happy with my clean?” FAQ for further information. We want to ensure your happiness to the best of our abilities.
If you are ever unhappy with your clean, look at the “What if I'm not happy with my clean?” FAQ for further information. We want to ensure your happiness to the best of our abilities.
Are there other forms of payment accepted?
Yes! We also accept checks payable to Clean Stories. In order to select this option, simply select the “Contact Me” option after completing the form. We will then complete the appointment process in which after we have completed the cleaning service, we will then expect to receive the check before our cleaners leave the home.
What if I’m not happy with my clean?
If you are not happy with your clean, we would like for you to reach out ASAP. We give up to 24 hours after the service for our clients to request a reschedule. A reschedule will be given or denied at our discretion.
If a clean was not completed in time, this is often due to lack of cleanliness, requiring more time to begin with. We recommend making a very honest judgment on how much time it would take someone to clean your home. Our cleaners are here to assist but must be given the proper amount of time. This can be done when being completely honest about what you choose while making your booking.
Are prices negotiable?
Prices are not negotiable. We do not price-match.
Do you use toxic cleaners?
We love our environment and will do our best only to use the most non-toxic cleaners when able. In understanding such, some situations require a harsher chemical to clean, such as calcium build up. We will limit those harsher chemicals only for harsh situations that will require it.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out! We would love to answer.
What if something breaks?
We understand that while accidents do not happen often, it is a possibility. Please contact us immediately to work with our insurance in order to get the object of value replaced.
Cancellations and Refunds
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are:
- If cancelled before 48 hours of your booking time, then the full amount will be refunded to the payment information on-file.
- If cancelled within 48 hours of your booking time, the amount will be credited toward your account to use whenever you would like.
- If cancelled within 24 hours of your booking time, it is a non-refundable charge.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Our office hours are:
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
(*We will be able to actively communicate with customers during our office hours listed above.*)
Do You Work on Weekends?
Yes we do! Our hours of operations will be the same Monday through Sunday.
Do You Work Holidays?
We do not, we believe this is a time that is better spent with loved ones and others. This will include all major known U.S. holidays. These days will not be available for selection while setting up a Scheduled Cleaning.
Do You Clean Outside of The Home?
We do not due to insurance reasons and the coverage of our cleaners.
Are you Bonded and Insured?
Yes! We are insured through Harborway Insurance and Bonded through SuretyBonds.com. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
What are the discounts you offer?
Yes! We offer discounts for routine cleanings that are variable depending on which option you choose.
Will you do any add ons only instead of a package?
Yes! We will! although a minimum of 3 add ons must be selected or in some cases, we may accept 2. If questions or wish to proceed, please send us an email and we will reach out to start the process or answer any questions or concerns.
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to reach out. We’d be happy to answer any further questions you may have.